Building Information Modeling (BIM) Training in Dubai
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an intelligent 3D model-based process that gives architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) professionals the insight and tools to more efficiently plan, design, construct and manage buildings and infrastructure.
The course aims to introduce BIM Technology and BIM applications by providing general concepts and techniques of consolidated modeling techniques (CAD, 3D geometric modeling tools), the course considers both the “pillars” of BIM Technology (datum, contents, views, management) and the innovations introduced in the construction process.
The course also provides a comprehensive overview of the main BIM applications currently in use, to develop a critical approach to these techniques and evaluate the most suitable solution to design issues.
Basics Prerequisites for learner
This course is designed for Engineers, Administrators, Managers, Directors, Contractors, Construction Professionals, Modelers, Designers, and Draftsmen related to AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) Industry.
Major Topics of BIM covered in this course
- Brief Overview of BIM
- BIM importance for the Built Environment
- Why is BIM important for Project Managers/BIM Coordinator/Designers/Modelers
- Virtual Prototyping of Models for 360 reviews of Digitalized CAD using BIM Platform.
- BIM, Definition, and Terms
- BIM Tools in Design, Parametric Modelling, Attributions, and relationships.
- Design and construction process for BIM
- Concepts of LODs and their implementation
- BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Introduction to Autodesk Revit. Definitions and Terms – Main Interface.
- Introduction of Main Architectural Elements and implementation in Revit Architecture for interior and exterior Design, Toposurfacing, Organic geometry
- Introduction of Structure Elements for concrete Model, Steel structure and steel reinforcement in Revit Structure
- Introduction of MEP Elements for HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Fighting and Electrical installation in Revit MEP
- Creation of Advanced Parametric Family Components in Family UI
- Understanding of Collaboration networks
- Working with Worksets in a collaborative environment.
- Use of Autodesk® BIM 360™ to Build is a cloud-based field management service and collaboration on Shared Revit Model.
- Use of Navisworks to holistically review integrated models and data with stakeholders during preconstruction to better control project outcomes
- Understanding of Key feature of Navisworks in term of Coordination, Clash Detection, Quantification, 5D Project scheduling, Construction Simulation
- Master Information Delivery Plan (MIDP)
- Documentations, Rendering and Quantity Takeoff Export and Printing
Out Teaching Producers
Frontal teaching classes with the use of PowerPoint slides. Practical lessons and demonstrations inside the computer Lab.